Results of the 23rd Annual Maui Onion Festival!
Results for the 23rd Annual Maui Onion Festival held at Whalers Village Fine Shops and Restaurants on Saturday, May 5, 2012.
• Maui Onion Recipe Contest, a competition for Maui-wide and Oʻahu chefs. Winner/First Place: Chef Jojo Vasquez,
The Banyan Tree at the Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua. Dish: Liver with Maui Kula Onions
• Maui Onion Challenge, a competition for Ka’anapali Beach Resort restaurants. Winner/First Place: Chef Wesley Holder
of Pūlehu, an Italian Grill at The Westin Ka’anapali Ocean Resort Villas. Dish: Maui Onion Tortelloni En Brodo
• Mixed Cocktail Contest: Sean King, Bar Manager, Cane and Taro
• Keiki Maui Onion Eating Contest: Dante Gramuglia
• Adult Maui Onion Eating Contest: Darrell Ghormley Jr.
• All photos by Martin Wyland, Reflections Photograpy
For more information on the Maui Onion Festival, please visit www.whalersvillage.com